APCON believes in leading the way in Green Initiatives to help preserve the environment while still producing top quality pavement work. With new green innovations, we have lead the way in the Philadelphia area paving industry. Some of our Green Initiatives during recent years include:
• Recycling asphalt and concrete to save resources and minimize unnecessary dumping in landfills
• We run our own crushing and screening operation
• Reusing our used motor oil to heat our Warminster headquarters during winter months
• Utilizing porous pavement, where applicable, to improve storm water runoff and help to filter water as it drains
• Replanting arbor vitae trees, which were moved from a local job site, to our equipment lot to provide a fresh look adjacent to the road, as well as to provide shade and privacy
• Manufacturing cold mix asphalt base course in a partnership saving significant natural resources, landfill space and fuels.